This morning I posted on FB about doing a whole month worth of meal plans…and was surprised at how many people wanted to see it! I’ve never done this much at one time but I figured it wouldn’t take me that much longer to do a whole month vs. a week or two.
Here is what I think about when I plan our meals:
- Our family favorites
- A good assortment of chicken/beef
- Easy meals
- One Crock-pot meal a week (this is a goal but doesn’t always happen)
- Making meals in mass quantity to freeze – spaghetti sauce, and chili both make huge batches so I free the extra. When I make lasagna and meatloaf I always make two so we eat one and freeze one.
- It’s a guideline – you don’t have to do each meal on the specific day! If you buy all the ingredients you can switch it up based on what sounds good!
- I meal plan, then shop for the ingredients for two weeks at a time (you may want to buy produce weekly though)
Click on the image to be linked to the Google Doc
I have included links to the recipes that are already online and will try to document/post the recipes for our other favorites in the next few months.
- Check the box that says “no grid lines”
- Layout – select “fit to width” and “landscape”
I color coded the calendar which is mostly for me but maybe it may help you as well!
Let me know if there is any additional info you want to know!