I’m on a money saving kick right now…with the baby coming in 4 short months I know our budget will be tighter then it has been with one child. I figure all the little money saving things will add up! I’ve see pins all over Pinterest about making your own laundry soap, dish soap, cleaning products and eye make-up remover so last night I tried one! I’ve been wanting some eye make up remover so I found a tutorial and whipped a batch up. The most amazing part was I already had all the ingredients at home!
This recipe is for a 4 ounce bottle. I had a bigger bottle so I doubled it.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. baby oil (any brand)
- 1 Tbsp. “tear free” baby shampoo (any brand as long as it’s “tear free”)
Mix all three ingredients together and pour into your bottle and your done! I used a travel shampoo bottle but you could also reuse a bottle from your previous eye make up remover or any other bottle you have around the house.
What I love is that it doesn’t burn my eyes, and it’s not greasy at all!
Make sure you shake the bottle slightly before you use it because the oil and water will separate.
Well this week I hit 21 weeks – I can’t believe that I’m already past the half way point! It’s crazy how time flies! Bryson is a very active baby – he seems to be moving around and kicking all day and all night – he even wakes me up sometimes in the middle of the night with all the kicking!
We had snow this weekend in Seattle so I decided an outside picture was appropriate! We don’t get snow very often and having grown up in N. Idaho I really miss it so when we do get it I get really excited!!
This week I started working on the nursery – I’ve been working on de-cluttering but this weekend I was able to get the nursery started by painting and sewing the crib skirt.
I saw this picture on Pinterest and knew I had found my inspiration for Bryson’s room. I showed Tom the pictures and he was sold!
Picture from Bower Power Blog
This weekend I got started by making the crib skirt
The crib skirt is blue, cream and has a small pinstripe of orange. The project was pretty simple but a little time consuming to cut all the pieces out.
I painted the room a blue with gray undertones it turned out a little bluer then I wanted but it still looks good!
The next step is going to be having Tom do the pallet wood accent wall but that may not happen for a couple months. It’s definitely an outside project since we will have to tear the pallets apart, stain the wood then cut them all to fit…considering that our weather is in the 30’s right now we will have to wait until it warms up a little! For now I will keep working on finding a dresser and figuring out art/wall decor!