Last week I was craving the peanut sesame noodles my mom used to make when I was growing up. Lucky for me when I was in high school my mom typed all her recipes (with a word processor) and gave me a copy of all of them when I first moved out of the house.
- 1 Lb Chicken Breast (thinly sliced and cooked)
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti noodles, cooked as directed (sounds weird I know but really it’s yummy!!)
- 3 garlic cloves minced (or 1 1/2 tsp store-bought minced garlic)
- 1 1/2 tsp minced ginger root
- 1 cup sliced cabbage
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts (optional)
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp Chili Garlic Sauce*
* I forgot to buy the chili garlic sauce and made it without and it was still really good.
* Also you could add or remove veggies based on what your family likes!
With the exception of boiling the noodles, I use one large pan to cook this entire meal . Cook chicken, remove from pan and place in a bowl. Chop veggies, combine in pan and add a couple of tablespoons water, cover with a lid. Steam veggies for a couple of minutes or until ALMOST cooked. You don’t want to over cook them or they will turn to mush…yuck!! While veggies are steaming combine sauce ingredients, and microwave for about 45 seconds to soften the peanut butter. Whisk vigorously to create sauce. Once the veggies are cooked add chicken and cooked noodles to veggies. Pour sauce over, mix everything together, and simmer for a couple of minutes to heat back up. The sauce should thicken after cooking.
This is really easy to make – serve with rice or pot stickers if you want. The left over are just as yummy!
4 thoughts on “Peanut Sesame Noodles”
This looks awesome. Peanuts go so so so well with noodles. Delicious.
They do – that’s probably why I love Pad Thai as well!!
This looks great, I can’t wait to try it!
Thanks for the feedback! I hope you like it!